Wallpieperi - Desktop live wallpaper app made for Mac
A desktop live wallpaper app made for Mac.
Due to the app being an alpha build, expect bugs and not to be as sharp as other applications.
🚧Please note that this is an alpha release. Also the higher the quality the higher cpu usage. 1080 seems to have the best quality/performance ratio but i still need to test it. 🚧
- Download the latest release from releases page
- Extract the zip file
- drop the app into your Applications folder
- Open the app
How to use
Uploading and changing background
- Accepts multiple media files (mp4, webm, png, jpg, gif)
- Can chose between 60fps, 30fps (might add more options later)
- Media type can have audio (Might add option to add custom audio later)
- Supports all screen resolutions (Tested on 4k, 1080p, 720p screens)
- More to be added
- Detect multiple monitors and create a wallpaper for each one (different instances)
- Improve image quality of the wallpaper
- To add an optional particle system
- To be able to reproduce background music on the wallpaper
- Cursor interaction
- To be able to detect wheter the user is using an app and stop the wallpaper to save resorces (like battery)
✅(Unstable and experimental, available on next build)
- To be able to launch the app at startup (Optionally)
- Make it laptop friendly (reduce battery drain and all of that)
All of those points are planned but can be changed or removed in the future. Depending on the time I can spend on the development of the project and the need of features.
Ideas are welcome, please if you have one leave it on discussion or make a PR with a change you want to add, if it's cool it's gonna be added on a future version!
Keep in mind
- Enabling the app to run at startup might have a negative impact on battery life.
- Using power save mode increases the cpu usage since it disables hardware acceleration.
- The app is still in alpha and might have bugs.